Jamaican Black Castor Oil has many varied cosmetic uses for the hair, skin and face. Here are just a few methods for you to try here.
Pre Shampoo Treatment
- Prior to shampooing the hair, apply a generous amount to the hair, root to tip and the scalp. Massaging into the entire head.
- Cover with a plastic cap and leave on the hair for at least 30 minutes
- Some choose to cover the plastic cap with a hot towel or hair dryer allowing for better penetration
- Others choose to leave the oil in overnight
- Shampoo and Condition the hair as normal
Encourage Growth By Using Daily
- Use small amounts of Jamaican Black Castor Oil by Massaging the oil into your scalp daily.
- An applicator bottle can be an excellent way of getting this oil to the oots of your hair, particularly for those with thin hair or very long hair.
- Apply to a clean scalp. Applying the oil to a dirty scalp can hinder rather than encourage growth as bacteria and funghi wil flourish in a dirt and oil. Apply to freshly or at least recently washed hair.
- Make sure to adopt a good wash regime and wash this oil out of your hair every few days especially if you are using the 100% pure oil.
- Soften Hair and give your hair Shine by using Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Apply Daily to the temple or crown area to help soften the hair. This part of the hair is very prone to breakage from daily styles like a slicked back pony tail or excessive combing. Castor Oil is a humectant and draws moisture into the hair strand. The dry hair on he temple and crown will benefit from a little extra maintenace by applying this.
- Apply a small amount to the strands to give the hair a little added shine!
Hot Oil Treatment
- This treatment is best done when ou have time, on a Sunday afternoon.
- Place the oil in a sink with warm water, this will slowly heat the oil. You do not want it to be too hot as it will scald you on application.
- Lightly Wet your hair
- Massage a generous amount of the oil thoroughly into in your hair and scalp so that all your hair is exposed to the oil.
- Put plastic cap on your head and wrap a warm towel around it or sit under a hair dryer if you have one available for 15 – 30minutes.
- Condition(you can also add a bit of castor oil to your conditioner too)
- Style as normal
Deep Conditioning Treatment
- After Shampooing the hair towel dry
- Add a tablespoon of Jamaican Black Castor Oil to your deep conditioner as a moisturising agent.
- Spread throughout your hair and gently detangle
- Wash Out
Seal in Moisture on the ends of your hair-
- Applying an oil after moisture prevents the moisture leaving the hair strands easily
- Moisturise the hair as per normal
- Rub a small amount of Jamaican Black Castor Oil into your hand and spread it into your hair an along the strands (to avoid the greasy heavy feeling only a small amount is required)
- Mix with Grapeseed or Jojoba Oil so it is not as thick. Foutain Jamaican Black castor Oil is a wonderful leave in and is great for his purpose and also has a refreshing odour.
Protecting Your Ends Pre Relaxer.
- This helps prevent overprocessing as the hair is coated and protected by this thick oil.
- Prior to the relaxing process. Apply a genrous amount of the oil to the parts that have already been relaxed.
- The oil will coat and protect the hair and help stop the part of the strand that has already undergone the relaxing process from being relaxed again
Jamaican Black Castor Oil can also be use to help your eyebrows and eyelashes to grow. You may need to re grow your eyebrows after years of over-plucking or you may feel that you could benefit from thicker eyelashes.
Try applying a little of the oil to your eyebrows or a very small amount using a cotton bud to your eyelashes before bed. Only use the 100% pure oils for your eyebrows and eyelashes. The essential oils in the types of fragranced JBCO available on the market (lavender, rosemary, ylang ylang) could cause irritation. Try not to get this in your eyes as this can also cause irritation. This must be done carefully.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil can also be used to treat acne. Jamican Black Castor Oil has been known to help reduce sebum production which is linked to the causes of acne wthout drying out your skin. Here is a simple method for those of us with busy schedules.
- Do this every night for 4 weeks
- Wash face with warm/hot water to open the pores with our normal cleanser. (If you have more time ou could steam your ace for several minutes and then wash with warm water)
- Apply the Jamaican Black Castor Oil sparingly to the face before bed
- Leave this on overnight, try sleeping on your back so that the oil doesn’t immediately get rubbed off
- When ou wake in the morning your skin should have absorbed the castor oil and it should not feel greasy or oily.